How To Find The Best Car Accident Attorney in Atlanta, GA
What should you do when you’ve been injured in an auto accident and want to get compensated for your claim? You can represent yourself and attempt to handle your case on your own, however, negotiating without a lawyer puts you at the insurance company’s mercy. You may end up getting a thousand dollars, or even tens of thousands of dollars. But how do you know if that settlement you negotiated was a good deal or a bad deal? Dealing with experienced insurance representatives and their lawyers who work for billion-dollar insurance agencies is not just daunting, it’s dangerous.
The reality is that when you represent yourself, you are giving the insurance company all of the power. Every day, insurance companies and their adjusters find ways to save the company money. So while you are allowed to represent yourself after your Atlanta car accident, consider if doing that is a good idea.
With this in mind, finding a trustworthy car accident lawyer Atlanta residents trust is important. Keep in mind that not all personal injury law firms are the same. In fact, many of the biggest advertising firms are nothing more than settlement mills. These personal injury firms rely on heavy advertising as the bread and butter of their business yet the reality is they rarely litigate. And the insurance companies know that.
How Do You Know You Are Hiring The Best Car Accident Attorney in Atlanta, GA?
At Tobin Injury Law, we have a clear and simple philosophy: treat every client with the same dignity, respect, and compassion that we would want for our family. Beyond our philosophy lies our experience. There are many factors you can pay attention to when seeking a lawyer Atlanta residents trust to represent you. Here are some things to look for when deciding who is the best lawyer for your case.
How do I decide when to hire a car accident lawyer?
Determining when you should hire a car accident lawyer depends on the facts of your case. If your injuries are minor or a simple fix corrected the issue, then hiring a lawyer is probably not necessary. Consulting a lawyer though might not be a bad idea. A good personal injury lawyer in Atlanta will offer you a free consultation–take it and at least get educated on your rights.
Your Due Diligence
When you do make the decision to hire a lawyer for your auto accident, use caution. Do your homework and use due diligence. You will find that many law firms make their money by taking in a lot of small cases and then settling them as quickly as possible. As mentioned before, these settlement mills are often recognized because of their heavy advertising. But don’t be fooled by their TV ads and highway billboards. Get on the phone, read reviews, ask questions like “when is the last time you took a case to trial?”, and really take some time to research the lawyer’s biography and client testimonials. This will be one of the most successful ways to find the best car accident lawyer for you.
Why We Have Family and Friends
Another good way to find top-notch legal advice is by seeking counsel from those closest to you such as friends, relatives and perhaps co-workers who have dealt with personal injuries before. If someone you trust had a positive experience, then chances are you too will have a positive experience.
Live in Action
Have you ever been down to the courthouse and watched an attorney in action? Courthouses are open to the public. If you really want to see how good your lawyer is, ask him or her when she will be in court. Beyond watching your lawyer in action, you will gain a wealth of information about the courtroom experience.
Finding the best lawyer
If you have been harmed in an auto crash, before you ever speak with the insurance company, see a doctor and then speak with a lawyer Atlanta residents trust. Remember, the insurance companies have groups of lawyers and claims agents whose jobs are to protect the insurance company’s bottom line. As you do your online research, consider the following attributes in the person you choose:
- Pursue an expert lawyer who specializes and who will thoroughly analyze all possible choices and outcomes. This person should be caring and supportive, but also honest and set realistic expectations.
- Seek a respected lawyer who can see all aspects of the case including the good facts that help your case as well as the bad facts that may hurt your case.
- Find a lawyer who has gone to court and won. There are many lawyers and law firms; you want someone who actually wins in court; not just on the phone.
- Seek a warrior who is prepared and ready to fight all the way. Most car accident cases settle before a jury is ever picked. But cases only settle because the lawyers either a) were scared of going to court or b) were ready for court and the insurance companies were scared. You want a warrior who isn’t scared.
- Find a creative lawyer who sees the turns and roadblocks others don’t. Most cases have the same pattern. A good lawyer will see the pattern. A great lawyer will see the pattern and then build on the pattern. You want a great lawyer.
Time To Be More Personal
As you do your research for the best car accident lawyer, you will consciously look for traits in the people you interview. However, in addition to the traits you want to see, also trust your instincts and gut. Consider the following:
- Will I enjoy working with this lawyer?
- Does the attorney make me feel safe and protected?
- Is the lawyer willing to put in the hard work beyond just sending a settlement demand?
- Are they giving me the answers I want to hear, or are they giving me the answers I need to hear?
- Does the lawyer give me his undivided attention?
- What do the reviews I’ve read about this lawyer really say?
- How does the lawyer make me feel?
- Does the lawyer explain the law clearly and cleanly?
- Do I have the sense that the lawyer is a master personal injury law or is he a jack of all trades?
- Can I trust him to do the best for me no matter what?
An Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer You Can Trust
At Tobin Injury Law, we have the honor of helping injured victims. We strive to be the best, and we strive to meet all the qualifications listed above. We promise to be the very best Atlanta car accident lawyer we can be. If you have any questions, we are happy to try to answer them.