When we say “We treat every case, regardless of size, as if it’s our most important case,” we mean it. While each case is different, our formula stays the same: hard work, aggressive representation, and attention to detail. Because we give every case our very best, we consistently achieve outstanding results.
We’ve helped a lot of clients over the years, but what we did 9 or 10 years ago, or even in 2017, isn’t going to tell you what we do today. So, here are 18 recent cases in chronological order (not necessarily by size of judgment or verdict but in order), in the last 2 years alone.
18 CASES SINCE ’18:
- $1,500,000, PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT: Levenson v. Barr, State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – Our client was struck as she walked pushing a stroller in a crosswalk. We filed a personal injury lawsuit on her behalf and her husband’s behalf for a loss of consortium claim. We focused on the loss of consortium claim.
- $975,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Lowy v. Suazo, State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – With a broken leg as a result of a head-on wreck, our client had $167,000 in medical bills.
- $700,000, WORK TRUCK ACCIDENT: Parsons v. Bravo and Clean Water Consultants Inc., State Court of Athens-Clarke County, (2019) – We deposed the driver as well as the company’s 30(b)(6) corporate representative who had conflicting testimony and after we gathered evidence from former employees to prove our theory, we resolved the case for over six and half times the medical bills.
- $260,000, MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: Williams v. Knox, State Court of Gwinnett County, (2019) – The defendant driver, an elderly cancer survivor who was driving home from a chemotherapy appointment, hit the back tire of our client’s motorcycle. Our client made an excellent recovery and did not want to put the at-fault driver through a trial so the case resolved after depositions.
- $550,000, PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT: A. N., State Court of Fulton County, (2019) – Two vehicles collided that resulted in one of the cars ricocheting off the road and into our client as she stood on the sidewalk.
- $302,000, CAR ACCIDENT: E. H. v. Brown and American Family Insurance, Spalding County State Court, (2019) – The case settled after depositions of the negligent at-fault driver and our client.
- Confidential settlement, SEXUAL ASSAULT: (2019) – Through testimony and establishing the masseur was never licensed by the state, we proved that our client had been sexually assaulted by an unlicensed masseur at a well-known massage parlor.
- $175,000, TRUCK ACCIDENT: Kwatia v. Green Logistics, State Court of Gwinnett County, (2019) – Workers compensation covered our client’s medical treatment, but we had to show that he had a good reason why he waited to notify his UIM carrier. After months of litigation the insurance company agreed to tender the policy limits and our client walked away happy.
- $2,950,000, WRONGFUL DEATH: Billups v. Mills, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – The insurance company paid $450,000 more than the $2.5 million dollar insurance policy limit because we established it had acted in bad faith.
- $1,500,000, MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: R.M. v. Covington, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – After 6 months of discovery and the judge placing the case on a trial calendar, the defense met our demand and paid the full policy plus the umbrella policy.
- $935,288.63, CAR ACCIDENT: Taylor v. Howse and Nationwide Affinity Insurance Company of America, State Court of Fayette County, (2018) – The jury returned a verdict after a 4-day jury trial.
- $750,000, TRUCK ACCIDENT: White v. Pemberton Truck Lines Inc.; Cherokee Insurance Company; and William Johnson II, United States District Court Northern District of Georgia, (2018) – After trial began and the jury was selected, the case resolved in court.
- $250,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Sapp v. [John Doe company], State Court of Athens-Clarke County, (2018) – Our client’s hand speared through his windshield after he was rear-ended.
- $325,000, FEDEX TRUCK ACCIDENT: Rovers v. Federal Express Corp., State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – By canvassing the neighborhood and interviewing local business owners, we found crucial surveillance camera footage that showed the crash.
- $292,871.09, CAR ACCIDENT: H. G. v. McRae, Hall County State Court, (2018) – Our client was struck by a drunk and high driver. Our client had less than $3,000 in medical bills, but we won an award that was 100 times more than the medical bills.
- $167,000, BICYCLE ACCIDENT: Ellis v. Jimmy John’s of Atlanta, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – The jury returned a verdict after a 3-day jury trial.
- $200,000, COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ACCIDENT: Ross v. GFG Holding, Inc.; Travelers Property Casualty Company of America; and S. Vaughn, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – After serving the defendants in 4 states and pursuing medical testimony from treating medical providers, we eventually resolved the case at mediation.
- Confidential settlement, NURSING HOME NEGLECT RESULTING IN DEATH: (2018) – Our client’s surviving family members hired us to prove that a nursing home had doctored the books to cover for one of its employees who had dropped a resident on her head that resulted in a brain hemorrhage.