We say “We treat every case, regardless of size, as if it’s our most important case,” and we mean it. While each case is different, our formula stays the same: hard work, aggressive representation, and attention to detail. Our consistent commitment is what leads to our consistently outstanding results.
Other lawyers’ websites may list a few big numbers in an effort to try impress potential clients. Yet they deliberately omit any identifying information such as the year the case resolved, or if the case went to court. That’s not right: don’t be fooled by big numbers that can’t be verified. We’re different: we want you to know what cases we have recently handled, and when we resolved those cases.
And while we’ve helped a lot of families over the years and have achieved some tremendously big settlements and verdicts–including a jury verdict with our former law firm for $150,000,000.00 (One Hundred Fifty Million Dollars)–our results from years ago are not going to tell you what we do today.
So, Here Are a Selection of RECENT CASES Our Law Firm Handled:
- $3.0 Million, TRACTOR-TRAILER ACCIDENT RESULTING IN WRONGFUL DEATH: Our Client v. [xxx national transportation company], (2020) – Another lawyer called us to assist him on a case. Our client’s family did not have to attend any hearing because we met with the defense lawyers for the transportation company, insurance company, and driver of the tractor and the defense tendered the policies available.
- $3.0 Million, APARTMENT COMPLEX SHOOTING: Our Client v. Apartment Complex, State Court of DeKalb County, (2018) – Our client suffered injuries as a result of owners of an apartment complex ignoring ongoing crime that constantly took place on the property.
- $2.95 Million, CAR ACCIDENT RESULTING IN WRONGFUL DEATH: Our Client’s Estate v. Mills, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – We made the defendant driver’s insurance company pay an additional $450,000 on top of the entire $2.5 million dollar insurance policy limit, because we proved that the driver’s insurance company had acted in ‘bad faith’ by failing to negotiate in good faith.
- $1.5 Million, BROKEN LEG INJURY: Our Client v. Barr, (case published in legal newspaper) State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – We filed a personal injury lawsuit with the focus on our client’s loss of consortium claim. This was one of the largest loss of consortium settlements in Georgia history.
- $1.5 Million, MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Covington, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – After 6 months of discovery, 3 for-trial depositions of surgeons, and the judge placing the case on a trial calendar, the defendant driver’s insurance company met our demand and paid the full policy plus the umbrella policy.
- $1.0 Million, CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. UIM American Family Insurance Co. , (2021) – Another Georgia-licensed lawyer called us to help him prepare for trial.
- Seven Figure Confidential Settlement, TRACTOR-TRAILER ACCIDENT: Our Client v. [xxx major transportation company], (2020) – A young man was referred to our law firm by another personal injury lawyer who also practices in Georgia. We were hired for the express purpose of helping this lawyer take an expert’s deposition; interview and depose two treating surgeons; and prepare the case for trial. The case resolved for a significant confidential settlement after the judge entered the Consolidated Pre-Trial Order.
- $975,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Suazo, State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – With a broken leg as a result of a head-on wreck, our client had $167,000 in medical bills. We spent months preparing our client and witnesses for trial; that intense preparation paid off when the defendant driver’s insurance company’s lawyer defending the driver met with us before trial.
- $950,000, PREMISES LIABILITY: Our Client v. Georgia Farm, (2018) – We secured a favorable pre-lawsuit settlement for our client’s arm and leg injuries.
- $935,288.63, JURY TRIAL CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Howse and Nationwide Affinity Insurance Company of America, (case published in legal newspaper) State Court of Fayette County, (2018) – The jury returned a verdict after a 4-day jury trial.
- $750,000, JURY TRIAL TRUCK ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Pemberton Truck Lines Inc.; Cherokee Insurance Company; and William Johnson II, (case published in legal newspaper) United States District Court Northern District of Georgia, (2018) – Jury trial.
- High-Six Figure Confidential Settlement, NURSING HOME NEGLECT RESULTING IN DEATH: Our Client v. [xxx nursing home], (2018) – Our client’s family hired us to prove that a nursing home had doctored the books to cover for one of its employees.
- $700,000, WORK TRUCK ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Bravo and Clean Water Consultants Inc., State Court of Athens-Clarke County, (2019) – We deposed the driver as well as the company’s 30(b)(6) corporate representative who provided conflicting testimony, and after we gathered evidence from former employees to prove our theory, we resolved the case at mediation for over six and half times the medical bills.
- $677,000, DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Hall, State Court of Fulton County, (2021) – A drunk driving college student collided with a Lyft vehicle causing serious facial injuries to our client who was also a college student and was sitting in the back of the Lyft vehicle.
- $615,000, TRACTOR-TRAILER ACCIDENT: Our Client v. [xxx major transportation company], State Court of Athens-Clarke County, (2020) –While driving to Athens, Georgia on GA-316, our client was rear-ended by a tractor driven by a driver for a national distribution transportation company.
- $550,000, PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Patel, State Court of Fulton County, (2019) – Two vehicles collided that resulted in one of the cars striking our client on the sidewalk. We helped our client negotiate her medical bills so that she would keep the lion’s share of the car insurance.
- $500,000, HAIR SALON BURN: Our Client, pre-suit settlement, (2020) – While getting hair highlights at a well-known hair salon, our young client suffered a serious scalp burn.
- $480,000, AIRBNB PORCH SWING COLLAPSE: Our Client vs. Airbnb, pre-suit settlement, (2020) – While staying as a paying guest at an Airbnb rented lake house in Alabama, out client fell off a swing after the hook snapped. We drafted an 18-page lawsuit to file in an Alabama court naming the owner of the lake house, the retailer that sold the swing, the distributor of the swing, and Airbnb. We successfully resolved the case against the multiple defendants at a global mediation.
- $421,500, RIDE-SHARE CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. [xxx national ride sharing company], State Court of Cobb County, (2020) – Recovering from a prior back surgery, our client was a backseat passenger when his driver negligently merged lanes and collided with another vehicle. The crash exacerbated his recovery.
- Mid-Six Figure Confidential Settlement, MED-SPA BURN: Our Client v. Spa, (2019) – While sitting under a hair dryer, our client suffered a third degree scalp burn.
- $325,000, BOX TRUCK ACCIDENT: Our Client v. [xxx Corp.], State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – By canvassing the neighborhood and interviewing local business owners, we found crucial surveillance camera footage that showed the crash and established liability that until that point, was in dispute.
- $302,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Brown and American Family Insurance, Spalding County State Court, (2019) – The case resolved after depositions of the negligent at-fault defendant and witnesses.
- $300,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Creative Multicare Inc., Henry County State Court, (2020) – Liability was disputed but we still prevailed and won $300,000 for our client who had to have surgery on her broken forearm.
- $292,871.09, DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT TRIAL: Our Client v. McRae, Hall County State Court, (2018) – Our client was struck by a drunk and high driver. Our client had less than $3,000 in medical bills, but we won an award that was almost 100 times more than the medical bills. This was one of the rare cases where in addition to collecting the car insurance proceeds, we also made the defendant driver pay money from his own checking account because of his reckless decisions.
- $277,000 REAR-END AUTO ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Oppenheimer, (case published in legal newspaper) State Court of Jackson County, (2020) – A young mother from Louisiana was rear-ended while visiting family in Georgia. The property damage to the cars was mild which made proving the damages difficult. By getting good medical testimony from doctors, we proved that even if the property damage was minimal, the injuries that resulted from the impact were serious.
- $275,000, TRUCK ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Osborne, State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – A tractor driver for a major transportation company failed to follow the federal safety rules laid out in the FMCSR.
- $260,000, MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Knox, State Court of Gwinnett County, (2019) – The defendant driver, a cancer survivor who was driving home from a chemotherapy appointment, struck the back tire of our client’s motorcycle. We settled because our client did not want to put the defendant driver through a trial.
- $250,000 KNEE INJURY: RS v. RICO International, State Court of Fulton County (2021) – In 2016, RS injured his knee in an accident. Days after the accident, RS hired a TV advertising law firm. For 4 years after hiring that law firm, RS’s case sat. In that 4 year span the TV adverting law firm did virtually nothing to help RS or his case. They had taken 0 depositions, met with 0 doctors, and done very little work to get RS’s case ready for trial. The highest offer RS ever received in that 4 year span was $100,000. In the middle of the pandemic in 2020, RS fired that TV adverting law firm and hired our law firm. Within 3 months of hiring our firm, RS’s case was geared up for trial. Our law firm had taken 4 depositions, met with 3 treating surgeons, prepared 4 damages witnesses for trial, and conferred with the defense lawyers . In February of 2021–6 months after hiring our firm–RS’s case settled for $250,000: two and half times (2.5%) MORE than the highest offer the TV advertising lawyer had ever gotten in 4 years.
- $250,000, WORK TRUCK ACCIDENT: Our Client v. [xxx electrical company], State Court of Athens-Clarke County, (2018) – The insurance company’s adjusters low-balled our client until he hired us and we took over.
- $225,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Fulton and McCoy, State Court of Rockdale County, (2021) – The at-fault driver and the owner of the car that the at-fault driver was driving never took responsibility. We pursued the case against four different insurance companies. Ultimately, we won and made every insurance company tender all of the insurance available despite the at-fault driver and the owner of the car refusing to take responsibility.
- $205,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Nunnally, State Court of Jackson County, (2020) – The negligent driver caused a collision because she failed to turn her headlights on at night.
- $200,000, COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ACCIDENT: Our Client v. GFG Holding, Inc.; Travelers Property Casualty Company of America; and S. Vaughn, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – After serving the defendants in 4 states and pursuing medical testimony from treating medical providers in California, Texas, and Georgia, we eventually resolved the case at mediation.
- $197,501, PUBLIX FALL: Our Client v. Publix Stores, Inc., State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – Walking in Publix minding her own business, our client got knocked down by a grocery store employee who was pushing an overloaded cart. The day after the knockdown a claims adjuster for the grocery store contacted our client and offered her $7,000. About a year later, we won $190,501 more than the offer.
- $195,000, INTERSECTION CAR ACCIDENT: Casabon v. Poore & Auto-Owners Insurance Co., (2021) – We resolved the case within 5 months of our law firm getting hired for the maximum limits. We also helped our client beat the hospital liens which meant our client got to keep significantly more of her settlement money than she would have if she had tried settling her case on her own.
- Six Figure Confidential Settlement, SEXUAL ASSAULT: Our Client v. Buckhead Massage Salon, (2019) – Through testimony and establishing the masseur was never licensed by the state, we proved that our client had been sexually assaulted by an unlicensed masseur.
- $175,000, TRUCK ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Green Logistics, State Court of Gwinnett County, (2019) – Workers compensation covered our client’s medical treatment, but we had to show that he had a good reason why he waited to notify his UIM carrier. After months of litigation the insurance company tendered the policy limits.
- $175,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Finlayson, State Court of Gwinnett County (2019) – A high school student failed to stop and drove into the car of a different student. We litigated against several different insurance companies with different policies.
- $167,000, JURY TRIAL BICYCLE ACCIDENT: Our Client v. Jimmy John’s of Atlanta, (case published in legal newspaper) State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – The jury returned a verdict after a 3-day jury trial.
Learn More About Tobin Injury Law Click Here To Watch Now