When we say “We treat every case, regardless of size, as if it’s our most important case,” we mean it. While each case is different, our formula stays the same: hard work, aggressive representation, and attention to detail. Because we give every case our very best, we consistently achieve outstanding results.
We’ve helped a lot of clients over the years, but what we did 9 or 10 years ago, or even in 2017, isn’t going to tell you what we do today. So, here are 18 recent cases in the last 2 years alone.
18 CASES since ’18:
- $1,500,000, PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT: Levenson v. Barr, State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – Our client was struck as she walked pushing a stroller in a crosswalk. We filed a personal injury lawsuit on her behalf and her husband’s behalf for a loss of consortium claim. After discovery closed, the case resolved for almost 10 times the medical bills with the full policy limit paid.
- $975,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Lowy v. Suazo, State Court of DeKalb County, (2019) – With a broken leg as a result of a head-on wreck, our client had mounting medical bills and sleepless nights. Fortunately, we successfully negotiated a settlement that covered all of our client’s medical bills and netted her over half a million dollars for her pain.
- $260,000, MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: Williams v. Knox, State Court of Gwinnett County, (2019) – The defendant driver, an elderly cancer survivor who was driving home from a chemotherapy appointment, hit the back tire of our client’s motorcycle. Our client made an excellent recovery and did not want to put the lady through a trial so the case resolved after depositions.
- $550,000, PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT: A. N., State Court of Fulton County, (2019) – Two vehicles collided that resulted in one of the cars ricocheting off the road and into our client as she stood on the sidewalk.
- $302,000, CAR ACCIDENT: E. H. v. Brown and American Family Insurance, Spalding County State Court, (2019) – The case settled after depositions of the negligent at-fault driver and our client.
- Confidential settlement, SEXUAL ASSAULT: (2019) – Through testimony and establishing the masseur was never licensed by the state, we proved that our client had been sexually assaulted by an unlicensed masseur at a well-known massage parlor.
- $175,000, TRUCK ACCIDENT: Kwatia v. Green Logistics, State Court of Gwinnett County, (2019) – Workers compensation covered our client’s medical treatment, but we had to show that he had a good reason why he waited to notify his UIM carrier. After months of litigation the insurance company agreed to tender the policy limits and our client walked away happy.
- $1,500,000, MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT: R.M. v. Covington, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – After 6 months of discovery and the judge placing the case on a trial calendar, the defense agreed to pay the full policy limits.
- $2,950,000, WRONGFUL DEATH: Billups v. Mills, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – The insurance company paid $450,000 more than the $2 million five hundred thousand dollar insurance policy limit because we established it had acted in bad faith.
- $125,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Putzke v. Ivey and State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance, Paulding County Superior Court, (2018) – Through sworn testimony obtained from an out of state witness, we proved that our client was a resident relative under an insurance policy we needed to win the case.
- $750,000, TRUCK ACCIDENT: White v. Pemberton Truck Lines Inc.; Cherokee Insurance Company; and William Johnson II, United States District Court Northern District of Georgia, (2018) – After trial began and the jury was selected, the case resolved in court.
- $935,288.63, CAR ACCIDENT: Taylor v. Howse and Nationwide Affinity Insurance Company of America, State Court of Fayette County, (2018) – The jury returned a verdict after a 4-day jury trial.
- $167,000, BICYCLE ACCIDENT: Ellis v. Jimmy John’s of Atlanta, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – The jury returned a verdict after a 3-day jury trial.
- $325,000, FEDEX TRUCK ACCIDENT: Rovers v. Federal Express Corp., State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – By canvassing the neighborhood and interviewing local business owners, we found crucial surveillance camera footage that showed the crash.
- $250,000, CAR ACCIDENT: Sapp v. [John Doe company], State Court of Athens-Clarke County, (2018) – Our client’s hand speared through his windshield after he was rear-ended.
- $200,000, COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ACCIDENT: Ross v. GFG Holding, Inc.; Travelers Property Casualty Company of America; and S. Vaughn, State Court of Fulton County, (2018) – After serving the defendants in 4 states and pursuing medical testimony from treating medical providers, we eventually resolved the case at mediation.
- Confidential settlement, NURSING HOME NEGLECT RESULTING IN DEATH: (2018) – Our client’s surviving family members hired us to prove that a nursing home had doctored the books to cover for one of its employees who had dropped a resident on her head that resulted in a brain hemorrhage.
- $292,871.09, CAR ACCIDENT: H. G. v. McRae, Hall County State Court, (2018) – Our client was struck by a drunk and high driver. Our client had less than $3,000 in medical bills, but we secured a settlement that was 100 times more than the medical bills.