Growing up in South Africa during the Apartheid era, I witnessed firsthand a serious injustice: one race of people had inferior legal rights because of the color of their skin. At an early age, I learned that just because the legal system is one way, it doesn’t mean the system is always right.
I attended the University of Georgia on an academic scholarship and when I wasn’t studying or playing sports, I worked nights and weekends tutoring the University’s student-athletes, many of whom went on to play in the NFL. After I graduated magna cum laude with a double major, I attended the University of Georgia School of Law.
I was recruited by a law firm that specialized in nationwide mass tort litigation, and I traveled around the country litigating against some of the largest pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. After years of deposing doctors and experts, I teamed up with a former UGA Law classmate to build a highly successful law firm.
In 2019 after having won headline verdicts and settlements that for years had put us on the front page of newspapers–including a jury verdict for $150 million dollars–I decided to form a premier personal injury law firm dedicated exclusively to pursuing justice for injured victims. Fast forward to today, and I have recruited exceptionally talented and highly-credentialed lawyers and paralegals. Together we work on all of our cases in a true team approach.
In 2022 I tried three trials to verdict including a hard-fought two-week federal case that resulted in a $100 million dollar jury verdict. That landmark verdict is one of the, if not the, largest verdicts ever recorded in United States history for a civil rights violation. In January of this year, I settled a wrongful death trucking case for $22.7 million dollars.
My practice philosophy is simple: treat every client with the dignity, respect, and compassion that I wish for my own family. In recognition of my verdicts and settlements, I am regularly honored as one of the top lawyers in the country and named a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine and Atlanta Magazine. Only 2.5% of all lawyers are selected for this honor. I have also been recognized as one of the State’s “Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend Magazine, and Georgia Trend Magazine previously named me Georgia’s most popular personal injury attorney. At 35, I was selected by the Daily Report as one of Georgia’s “On the Rise”, one of only 20 lawyers in Georgia to receive the honor. I hold an AV Preeminent Peer Rating as well as an AV Preeminent Judicial Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and U.S. News & World Report lists me in the “Best Lawyers” category.
Picking up the pieces after a serious injury is emotionally and physically draining; I do my best to help my clients rebuild with an eye on the future. I know that injury cases and catastrophic injury litigation can be complex; I try and simplify the process for my clients. It’s important that my clients know they can count on me to walk beside them at every step of their recovery and at every step of their case.
My clients find me from a variety of sources. Some are referred by friends or family, others are referred by other lawyers who do not practice personal injury law, and many are referred by personal injury lawyers who need help litigating their cases to a jury. When my clients can’t reach me, it’s likely because I am spending time with my wife and three sons. I enjoy playing sports and coaching my boys in little league baseball, basketball, football, and soccer.
MORE ABOUT OUR FIRM
MEDIA & PRESS
- Wall Street Journal
- Fox News
- ABC News
- CBS News
- New York Post
- Daily Mail
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- People Magazine
- Daily Report
- Fox 5 News
- NBC Channel 11 News
- AM 750 WSB Radio
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
- Trying a $100,000,000.00 Jury Trial to Verdict, Litigation Skills Clinic FG (2022)
- Litigating and Pressing During COVID-19, BG Lit Interview (2020)
- Do Not Bear False Testimony Comparing Jewish Law and Secular Law, Congregation Shaarei Shamayim (2020)
- Four Questions with Ben, Fellow Lawyer Podcast Interview (2020)
- Moderator, Topics For All Lawyers, Georgia State Bar (2019)
- Program Chair and Speaker, Topics Every Lawyer Should Know About, Nelson Mullins (2018)
- Playing Your Cards Right: Successful Trial Prep Techniques, Cobb County Trial Lawyers CLE (2018)
- Speaker and Moderator, But You Said You Were a Lawyer!? Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a Little) About, Troutman Sanders (2017)
- Filing and Service of Process, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Paralegal Workshop (2017)
- Jury Selection in Personal Injury Litigation: Connecting with Today’s Jury Pool, Strafford Publications (2017)
- Eye for an Eye: Jewish Law v. Secular Law on Animal Attacks, CBT (2017)
- Program Chair, But You Said You Were a Lawyer!? Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a Little) About, Troutman Sanders (2016)
- Litigation Management and Trial Equipment, Atlanta Bar Association (2016)
- Program Chair and Presenter, Expertise in Plaintiff Personal Injury Law, Atlanta Bar Association (2016)
- Personal Injury Cases as They Relate to Family Law, ICLE Family Law Institute Convention Jekyll Island (2016)
- Experience in Opening a New Firm, Georgia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention (2015)
- Program Chair, CLE By The Hour at King & Spalding, Atlanta Bar Association (2015)
- Program Chair, Specializing in Law, State Bar of Georgia (2015)
- Running a Successful Personal Injury Practice, University of Georgia School of Law (2015)
- Program Chair, Specialize to Succeed, Atlanta Bar Association (2014)
- Broken Fingers to Bruised Brains: Skillfully Litigating Personal Injury Lawsuits, Atlanta Bar Association (2014)
- Batson Challenges & Jury Selection Principles, Strafford Publications (2014)
- Pretrial Wheels Cases, Georgia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention and Gala (2014)
- Drafting and Responding to Discovery, Practical Civil Litigation Skills for Paralegals (2014)
- Auto Accident Lawsuits: Intake to Trial, Atlanta Bar Association (2013)
- End Distracted Driving, EndDD (2013)
- 2014 Guide to Online Marketing for Georgia Attorneys: How Search Engine Optimization and Law Firm Branding Can Transform Your Practice, VERDICT (2014)
- Dram Shop Litigation: Think Twice Before Pouring That Next Drink, VERDICT (2014)
- Loss of Consortium: A Spouse’s Right to Recovery, THE FAMILY LAW REVIEW, State Bar of Georgia (2014)
- Get Involved – Stop Nursing Home Abuse, THE SAFETY REPORT (2012)
- Atlanta Bar Association: CLE Board of Directors
- VERDICT, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association: Editorial Board
- Georgia Trial Lawyers NLD Executive Committee
- Georgia Trial Lawyers LEAD Program
- American Association for Justice