Growing up in South Africa during the Apartheid era, I witnessed firsthand a serious injustice: one race of people had inferior legal rights because of the color of their skin. At an early age, I learned that just because the legal system is one way, it doesn’t mean the system is always right.
I attended the University of Georgia on an academic scholarship and when I wasn’t studying or playing sports, I worked nights and weekends tutoring the University’s student-athletes, many of whom went on to play in the NFL. After I graduated magna cum laude with a double major, I attended the University of Georgia School of Law.
After graduating from law school, I chose to begin my career with a prominent family law firm so that I could hone my trial skills in the open courtroom while simultaneously fine-tune my counseling skills in the privacy of my office. With considerable trial experience under my belt, I was recruited by a firm that specialized in mass tort litigation and I traveled around the country litigating against some of the largest pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. After years of deposing doctors and experts, I teamed up with a former law school classmate to build a successful law firm.
In 2019 after having won verdicts and settlements that for years had put us on the front page of the newspapers, I decided to form a personal injury firm 100% dedicated to pursuing justice for injured victims.
My practice philosophy is simple: treat every client with the dignity, respect, and compassion that I wish for my own family. In recognition of my verdicts and settlements, I have been honored as one of the top lawyers in Georgia and named a “Super Lawyers Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine and Atlanta Magazine. Only 2.5% of all lawyers in Georgia are selected as a “Rising Star.” I have also been recognized as one of Georgia’s “Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend Magazine, and in 2016 Georgia Trend Magazine named me the state’s most popular personal injury attorney. Most recently in 2018, I was selected by the Daily Report as one of Georgia’s “On the Rise”, one of 20 lawyers in the state to receive the honor.
Picking up the pieces after a serious injury is emotionally and physically draining; I do my best to help my clients rebuild with an eye on the future. I know that injury cases and catastrophic injury litigation can be complex; I try and simplify the process for my clients. It’s important that my clients know they can count on me to walk beside them at every step of their recovery and at every step of their case.
My clients find me from a variety of sources. Some are referred by friends or family, others are referred by other lawyers who do not practice personal injury law, and many are referred by personal injury lawyers who need help litigating their case to a jury. When my clients can’t reach me, it’s likely because I am spending time with my wife and two sons. I enjoy running, playing sports, and coaching little league baseball and soccer.
MEDIA & PRESS
- WSB-TV 2
- Fox 5 News
- CBS News
- NBC Channel 11 News
- Daily Report
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- The Marietta Daily Journal
- AM 750 WSB Radio
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS & PUBLICATIONS
- Program Chair and Speaker, Topics Every Lawyer Should Know About, Nelson Mullins (2018)
- Playing Your Cards Right: Successful Trial Prep Techniques, Cobb County Trial Lawyers CLE (2018)
- Moderator, But You Said You Were a Lawyer!? Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a Little) About, Troutman Sanders (2017)
- Filing and Service of Process, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Paralegal Workshop (2017)
- Jury Selection in Personal Injury Litigation: Connecting with Today’s Jury Pool, Strafford Publications (2017)
- Eye for an Eye: Jewish Law v. Secular Law on Animal Attacks, CBT (2017)
- Program Chair, But You Said You Were a Lawyer!? Topics Every Lawyer Should Know (a Little) About, Troutman Sanders (2016)
- Litigation Management and Trial Equipment, Atlanta Bar Association (2016)
- Program Chair, Expertise in Plaintiff Personal Injury Law, Atlanta Bar Association (2016)
- Personal Injury Cases as They Relate to Family Law, ICLE Family Law Institute Convention Jekyll Island (2016)
- Experience in Opening a New Firm, Georgia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention (2015)
- Program Chair, CLE By The Hour at King & Spalding, Atlanta Bar Association (2015)
- Program Chair, Specializing in Law, State Bar of Georgia (2015)
- Running a Successful Personal Injury Practice, University of Georgia School of Law (2015)
- Program Chair, Specialize to Succeed, Atlanta Bar Association (2014)
- Broken Fingers to Bruised Brains: Skillfully Litigating Personal Injury Lawsuits, Atlanta Bar Association (2014)
- Batson Challenges & Jury Selection Principles, Strafford Publications (2014)
- Pretrial Wheels Cases, Georgia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention and Gala (2014)
- Drafting and Responding to Discovery, Practical Civil Litigation Skills for Paralegals (2014)
- Auto Accident Lawsuits: Intake to Trial, Atlanta Bar Association (2013)
- End Distracted Driving, EndDD (2013)
- 2014 Guide to Online Marketing for Georgia Attorneys: How Search Engine Optimization and Law Firm Branding Can Transform Your Practice, VERDICT (2014)
- Dram Shop Litigation: Think Twice Before Pouring That Next Drink, VERDICT (2014)
- Loss of Consortium: A Spouse’s Right to Recovery, THE FAMILY LAW REVIEW, State Bar of Georgia (2014)
- Get Involved – Stop Nursing Home Abuse, THE SAFETY REPORT (2012)
- Atlanta Bar Association:
CLE Board of Directors
- VERDICT, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association:
- Georgia Trial Lawyers NLD Executive Committee
- Georgia Trial Lawyers LEAD Program
- American Association for Justice